Monday, May 3, 2010

New Hair Accessories

Thank you all for leaving comments on the "What made you happy lately" post. I really enjoyed reading them. Your comments made me happy! I actually needed them last week.

Two days after my husband got back from Norway, my body decided to crash. I started having fevers (it lasted for four days, so I had to cancel the procedure I was scheduled for), I had side effects from the medicine I was taking for that, so I started taking different medicine. Since then, I have developed massive headaches... I still did things around the house, but it was a rough week for me.

However, that didn't stop me from sewing and crafting. I didn't do anything major, but I was making some new hair clips and brooches. I will share some of them...

This is one of my favorites. On the back, it has a hair clip and pin. I love things that have multiple uses!


I made this for my little girl, who is going to start kindergarden this fall. I thought, it would look nice with her uniform. Guess where I got this ribbon from... It was a handle on a paper bag from GAP. I loved the color combination so much that I had to use it for something.


I was playing with this ribbon, and came up with this. Totally random.


This is one of my favorites; I love how the flowers look so round and full!


The last one, that I LOVE... is a little different than my usual color scheme. Don't you think these colors are so yummy?


I also, started working on a tutorial, If you liked the Ruffle shirt tutorial, you might like this one as well... hopefully, I can share it with you all at the end of this week.

I am planning to do a link party this Wednesday! So, make sure to come back and link up. It will be fun!

16 comments :

  1. i am a terrible friend, i'm sorry i didn't come check on you while your hubby was gone and then you were sick. i'm so sorry.

    i love that last set of clips. my fav colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hair clips! And how clever of you to use the handle on a paper bag from GAP! It is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so cute! Great combos of colors too! She is going to be styling in school! Sorry you were feeling so terrible. Glad your better! Like you, when I'm not feeling well, I putter in my sewing room, takes my mind off my woes!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoro il tuo blog e le tue creazioni.....sei geniale, la mia bambina Anna vorrebbe tutti i tuoi fermagli, un saluto dall'Italia M.Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute. Thanks for sharing! I know how hard it is to post stuff when you're wiped out. It looks like you were pretty crafty--I love the re-use of the gap ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you'll be feeling better soon and get rid off those headaches! I can't wait to see your new tutorial as my very own and new ruffle shirt is probably my most favorite piece of clothing ;-) thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better and continue to mend. Your barrettes are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I am so excited for the upcoming tutorial! I LOVED your ruffle shirt, and need more inspiration. My closet is super boring, and I have several duplicates that I can handle making them prettier! I love the hair clips. I also have several of those I need to get going on for a friend! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable hair accessories! I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all so cute!!! I have past on The Trendy Blogger Award to you Congrats!!!
    http://memakingdo.blogspot.com/2010/05/im-trendy.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics! and the red and turquoise are my faves... they match my blog! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the barrettes! I just bought a ton of stuff to make some for my 3 girls. Would love to see a tutorial when you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh i love the blue and red ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These hair accessories are pretty, I love the pink one. I’m also planning on making baby bows for my niece, I just need to search for tutorial first. You’re truly an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin