Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday at Tea Rose Link Party No.8!

I wish I was a few inches taller, but sometimes it is a good thing to be a little short. I found this dress at Ross for 19.99 (I know it is more than that with tax, but it sounds better that way).


Because I am short, I was able to cut a few inches off the bottom of the dress.


And I made this corsage.


I tried the dress on, then realized there are many ribbons between the top skirt and lining. I was curious, so I tied all the ribbons together to see what would happen to the dress...


Wow! I didn't expect that when I bought the dress. I was so excited I felt like I gained two dress for the price of one. What a find! :)


I have been enjoying the dress very much, I feel like I am princess...Ok, Ok, with my age, I should probably say Queen, that's fine I will take that. Anyways, the dress made me feel a little more girly then usual. I just wish that I could find the same dress in different colors. Hmm... this could be my next projet. I better look in to it.


Well, now it is your turn. Please show me and our other crafty blogging friends what you have been up to! I will be going to get another procedure today, so it will be harder for me to leave comments for all of them, but I am looking forward to seeing all the projects later!

Here are the rules:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.





31 comments :

  1. I love that dress too! And with the corsagen it's just perfect! you just are sooo talented, aren't you?
    thanks for the link party! I love those

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did to the dress, and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dress! one of the resaons why i gave you an award over on my blog! thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's positively GORGEOUS! I adore your new dress! And thanks for the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look AWESOME in that beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get all of my dresses at Ross! You can't beat their prices! I love what you did with that dress. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

    My entry is not typical but I do so hope that it inspires.

    Thank you so much for hosting. Stop by and enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE that dress ... and only 19.99?! Do you mind saying what brand it is?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress looks SO much better now! And the tied-up skirt reminds me of one Halle Berry was wearing nonstop a couple summers ago...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love how you change your dress. it is very simple and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was breathtakingly ingenious.

    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your dress is so dang pretty! I love love your blog, and I really admire that you visit every link on Wednesdays, AND comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you did with the dress!! Looks great on you. =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it amazing how a little embelishment can totally change the look of something? I love the finished dress. You look beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great find! It looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful dress! I have the opposite problem in that I'm tall I have a hard time finding clothes that are long enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for hosting! I love what you did with the dress it looks great and looks so comfy!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your link parties, so I hope you keep them up. :o) And that dress - what a find! Good idea with the corsage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! And it looks even better on you:) I have nothing to link, I haven't yet learn to sew, but maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You made that dress go from something simple to something fabulous!! You are amazingly talented!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  21. The dress looks good and it does look like it will make you feel like a princess. LOL! That corsage is lovely as well. :)

    Adin B
    http://itssewtasticmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are sooooo talented. You can take anything plain and make it strikingly beautiful. It looks amazing on you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're amazing!!! I love that idea, it turned out sooo cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love what you did with the dress! And it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks wonderful!
    Once again, thanks for the link party. I look forward to it every week now!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  26. First of all I want to thank everyone of you who left comments about the dress and me. I came home from the procedure a few hours ago, and I do not feel pretty at all right now. The wireless network allows me to check my email in bed which makes me happy, but all the nice comments made me even happier today! Thank you so much! :)

    lizibeth~

    The dress is made by "Solitaire/Los Angeles"
    Good luck finding them! (and let me know if you find more than one...Shhhh)

    ReplyDelete
  27. That dress is perfect and you are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your awesome find, keep up the great work!

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. That dress looks great! I have a skirt that ties up with little ribbons inside too!! No other skirt I have makes me feel quite the way that one does :)

    By the way, I'm loving all these link partys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Been following your blog. Reading your blog is like reading a book that you don't want to put down.
    You have a beautiful family.Love it when you write about them.:)
    Thanks for all the inspirations and ideas.
    I have a little surprise for you at my blog

    http://pennyshands.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your dress is very cute! I love the way it ruffles up.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin