Saturday, August 14, 2010

Link Love No.19!


My little girl had a birthday party today. It was lots of fun and she had a wonderful time. This is one of the moments where I think about how fast kids grow up. I feel like she was just a baby yesterday, and then bam! All of a sudden she is starting kindergarten. Times like this always remind me that I need to be there for them, and not to miss anything. Of course it is for them but mostly for me... so I don't have any regrets.

It is my hope that I can live my life fully with my family and not to waste it. I am totally the list maker, task doer and goal achiever (wannabe). Please don't think I am perfect or anything, I just don't like to sit around doing nothing. That is why, if I am not careful, it is easy for me to get too focused on getting things done rather than, stopping to smell the flowers once in a while.

I have noticed that about myself after I started having kids. Don't you think they teach us more than we can teach them sometimes? For some reason this thought came to me... I wanted to share it with you all.

Well, it is the time for me to post the link love for this week. I had so many to choose from and it is always very hard to do.

Here are the links I am highlighting this week:

I have been wanting to do this for a while and have never got around to it. Looking at these gorgeous stenciled burlap pillows might put end to that. Aren't they pretty? We got a new couch last week and I really want pillows like these. Thank you for the inspiration!!


Paper Flower Drive shared how she turned an old couch (you have to go to her blog to check out the before picture) to an amazing bench! Great job!!


Now, My Salvaged Treasures is linking for the first time to this link party; I am amazed by her ability to use old yard sale items and create such elegant and beautiful jewelry.


Check out this one of a kind watch box! Get Craft'n made this watch box for her husband's watch collection as a anniversary gift. Isn't it such a unique, useful and thoughtful gift? I love it!


I love this crib bedding set! Sew Over It shared her crib bedding set. They are not the usual baby color combinations, but I love her fabric choices and how she combined them. Very nicely done.


Thank you all for sharing your creativity! I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. :)

3 comments :

  1. I also saw that bird silhouette pillow and adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little girl!! Hope she had a very lovely day. I've just found your blog and I am in love with it! You make the most gorgeous things. I can't wait to make a few of the clothes for my girls and me. Must go and buy some t-shirts soon. Thanks for the tutorials, they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little bird pillow! I am going to have to make one (just as soon as I learn how!)

    :)

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: YUCK! Sexy Nerd Has a New Hobby

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin