Monday, February 28, 2011

Crochet Beads Necklace

My network is having an issue that started last night and I can't add new pictures to my computer... I thought OH NO! I can't write a post tonight!

Then, I realized I had more pictures I haven’t shared with you all and they were already transferred in to my computer. Whew... Thank goodness!

By the way, my sewing machine is safely (and in much better condition) home! I moped about not having my machine in my posts, but I have been busy with other things last weekend, and didn't have a chance to sew.

While my sewing machine was away, I made several jewelries and this post is about one of the necklaces I made.

I don't exactly know what to call these beads, but there is plastic part inside, and crochet around it. I really like the look of it and wanted to make a necklace for a while. Here is what I came up with:




I think the necklace has a whimsical charm to it because of the crochet beads. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tie the lace or not, so I am going to give it a try with lace for a while. What do you think? With? Without?

24 comments :

  1. This necklace is so lovely! At first I thought the lace is absolutely necessary, but actually I like both looks, that is with and without lace. With lace it looks a little more girly and romantic. Without, you have a more casual, modern look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should wear it with lace ;) Looks so cute and gives the necklace a bit more youth pepp =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. with, it's very Anthro! Are the beads vintage? They are adorable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful your crochet necklace

    ReplyDelete
  5. The balls are so lovely and beautiful. Love the necklace design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I love the look of that and I love the soft pink! I think the little bow is the perfect touch to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! I wish I knew how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Did you make the crochet pattern up as you went along?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have balanced the beads and other elements very well. Nice job! It is lovely!Did you use crochet thread or another yarn to cover the beads?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lace is absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI!! hoe're u!! sorry for my absence but I've house's removal!! so thank u so much for Idea!!

    Kisses by italy

    Leilaluna

    ReplyDelete
  12. any chance you could post a tutorial on how you created those lovely crochet beads?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I like it with the lace on you but would probably wear it if it didn't have the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the lace is the added bit of whimsy and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this!!! Very feminine. I like it with the lace

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful necklace! I am glad I stopped by today. By the way, I have a contest giveaway on my blog you might find fun. Take a look. triumphandtears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so beautiful! I have been wanting to try crocheting those beads for quite some time now. I like it with the lace tie. I love the color choice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi everyone! I am so sorry about the cunfusion, but some of you thought that I made the beads. I made the necklace, but not the beads. I bought them at Roberts, and I think I saw them at Michaels too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the necklace is perfect with the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like it with the lace, but also without. A lot of help, huh? But really, it's so pretty either way, why limit it to one way or the other?

    ReplyDelete
  21. sooo cute,. love the little bit of lace! so pretty

    I've got a pattern for those beads somewhere in my mess of a craft room and must pull it out. I also think they would look great as multicoloured beads for my little girl's friends as we are going to lots of 5 and 6 year old birthday parties lately!

    lovely
    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely necklace, love the wool beads.

    Although the beads are chunky they look very elegant.

    Regards,
    Tiffany @ Religious Necklaces

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin