Monday, February 21, 2011

I must have been tired...


Perhaps, I might need more sugar... I will tell you why I think that way in a minute.

Hi all! How was your three day weekend (I guess that's US only)? I had a pretty laid back nice time with my family. Except that I had a few things that are due in a couple weeks, so I took some time to work on them. OH, you would be so proud of me... I was working my tail off to make progress on them.

Usually I am such a short sleeper (and deep sleeper too), and sleep about 5 to 6 hours and I am fine. I can totally function during the day. Last night, I was watching TV with Rachel, and KIND of fell asleep. The next thing I heard was my husband talking to kids and putting them to bed.

Then, he came to me to see if I was ok and he started to tuck me in and I remember saying to him, "I am just pretending to sleep, so the kid will go to bed too. I will get up soon, let’s watch a movie."

Then, when I woke up, it was 9:00 in the morning....

I asked my husband what happened and here is his story.

“After I tucked you in, I went to see the kids off and do last minute conversations. When I came back 10 minutes later, you were snoring. So, I just let you sleep.”

Ugh! I feel like I wasted a night. I can't believe I slept close to 12 hours! That will only happen once or twice a year.

All I can say is; I must have been tired...

6 comments :

  1. Hahaha I did the same exact thing last night!!!! I fell asleep on the couch at 7.15pm while watching a current affair program. Then took myself up to bed around 8pm and woke up after 7.30am this morning. It felt FANTASTIC! But I couldn't help but be disappointed that I didn't write a blog post that I had planned to do last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i slept close to that last night too and I can tell I'm fighting a bug when that happens. Maybe you're getting sick too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting how our bodies seem to know what we need?

    That dessert (type of coffee cake or strudel?) sure looks good - LOL, I thought maybe you were going to say you made it and then give up the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I wish I could function on 5-6 hours of sleep. I've always been a sleeper and need a good 8 hours per night, otherwise I'll be dragging my miserable butt out of bed in the morning. Sounds like you're all caught up now and you can get back to business!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you must have needed the rest :) Have you posted that cake recipe before? it looks familiar, and I missed writing it down! could you provide a link? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to get at least 7-8 hrs of sleep or I can't even function. Wish I could go with less. There are so many more things I could create and do if I could get those few extra hrs.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin