Monday, February 14, 2011

Sugar, Sugar


Today was Valentine's Day. I knew the kids were exchanging candies at school, and that is way too much sugar than they need, but I just could not resist making cupcakes...

When I asked them what kind of cupcakes they wanted, Rachel was the first one to exclaim "PINK CUP CAKES!!!" The boys complained a little, but I made Pinkaliciouse cupcakes.

Christopher made this "Candy Monster" for school (he got the "most shiny" award by the way), and had lots of candy in the monster. Hmmm... I bet, lots of kids looked like this today.


We celebrated Valentine's Day as a family tonight, and it was fun.


Honestly, being a mom is not easy some days, (oh, don't tell me I am the only one thinking this!) Mommyhood never ends. But watching their faces light up for something as simple as a cupcake that I made, made me so happy. I almost wanna say, "What? What about the hard days? I have never had one of those." with a smile.

I guess moments like these, keep me going. My family is my sweetest treat.
I was having a heart felt moment while I was guzzling down two cupcakes in a few minutes. I will avoid the scale for a couple weeks... Oh, sugar sugar!

8 comments :

  1. Realmente deliciosos los cupcakes y muy bonitos.
    El monstruo es fantástico! jaja

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. 美味しそう。食べたい。
    They look so delicious.

    Congrats to Christopher for getting
    the award. He is so creative like his mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a lovely time with your family. Your son did a great job on his monster! Just found your beautiful blog via Paris Rags. I'm a new follower and will be back again soon. Heading to your boutique now.
    Have a good day,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the cupcakes! the kids were so excited to see them. i hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks soooooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so cute. And what a fun mom you are. There's nothing wrong with a little sugar every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog around Valentine's Day! You are one of the most beautiful and loving women I know! Not to mention talented and humble!
    I was just thinking about you today and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin